The Abia State Government has constituted a taskforce to restore the Accreditation of the Abia Polytechnic within 30 days.
It should be recalled that the National Board of Technical Education, NBTE, recently withdrew the Accreditation of the State Polytechnic for non-payment of staff salaries for 30 months.
In a special release signed by the Secretary to the Abia State Government, Barr. Chris Ezem, the State Government announced the dissolution and suspension of the Council and Management of the institution.
Membership of the taskforce include;
1) Prof. Ikechi Mgboji -Chairman.
2) Dr. John Nwadioha – member
3) Hon. Jude Udeachara- member.
4) Rev.Fr. Kelechi Anyanwu Ph.D- member.
5) Mrs Love Ezema, mni- Member.
6) Mr Stanley Nwankpa (SUG) President of Abiapoly – Member.